Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A photo shoot

 Today Adelyn decided to do a photo shoot with her dolls.   They all got dressed up, Adelyn 'brushed' and styled all their hair until it was "just right" and "perfectly fancy".  Then she asked to borrow my camera ... and the rest is history!



Those that collect these dolls might get  wonder WHY I let my 4 year old 'brush' their hair or play rough with them at all ... and the answer is simple:  These dolls are toys.  They are dolls.  Yes, they are expensive, but they are worth the price because they are so well made - they are made to last - they are made to be played with. 

 


 Just like I wouldn't buy my kid a bike they couldn't ride - I would never give my child a toy and say "Sorry, it was very expensive, you can not play with it.  Put it on a shelf at stare at it."  What is the point in that!?  That is child TORTURE in my honest opinion!

 
 However, Adelyn does know that these dolls are special and that's WHY she wants to play with them.  They are special and they need love.  And that's what Adelyn give them - everyday.  Love.



When Adelyn goes down for a nap, I think I'll be getting out the spray bottle and brush and doing a little maintenance on these beauties.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment